20 January 2004

Death by Powerpoint

Okay I'm getting into this a bit too -Maggi Dawn mentioned it, Steve Taylor originated the comment and various comments are posted. Having now read Steve's original comments [under the subtitle " Does the emperor have any new clothes?" I would have to say that I'm sympathetic -and I use a powerpoint substitute! However I'm trying to make sure that it's not just simply used as a quick and less-fussy way to change slides [a souped up OHP, if you like]. There are artistic possibilites and there is a question about whether it supports another priviledged medium [usually talking] or whether it can be used artistically. It has the power to present loops, animated gif's, pictures that support or 'critique' other content -it could be a somewhat more versitle slide projector. I guess the data projector can be a more versatile slide projector -could be intereesting possibilities for doing the layering stuff that those nice people at Visions do with slides -hmmmm.

Oh, and don't use m$ ppt go open source and get OpenOffice.org [for free!] -it even read and exports .ppt files.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...