Check this out from the article referenced from Green Futures: "The only exception to the Money doesn't buy happiness? rule is in the case of those on very low incomes -around £7,500 per year or less- where increased income does indeed appear to translate into higher levels of life satisfaction. Once they're over the poverty threshold, though, further riches have little long-term effect."
It's worth looking at the whole article as it draws on a lot of studies on wellbeing and happiness
So if more money won't make most of us happier, what will? -Well there are some clues on that too ... though I trust most reader might already have some idea about what they might be.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Science And Spirituality Of Addiction
What drew me in was the collocation of science and spirituality in the title. I'm also a little interested in addiction through having ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
Some readers will recall that I'm keen in principle on a thorough review of the way we do dioceses in the CofE. I'm not starry-eyed...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
3 comments:
The article referred to has moved to http://www.forumforthefuture.org/greenfutures/articles/601703
Post a Comment