25 January 2004

sleep is good for your creativity

I've long been a believer in the power of 'sleeping on something' to help you to approach it better and here is the evidence to suport the impressionistic and anecdotal evidence. Research from a German university seems to indicate people working better at problems afte having looked over the problem and then having a good night's sleep.

My worry is that as a society we're so into bad habits of work that lack of sleep and stress-related sleep problems are robbing us of our best opportunities and productivity. The paradox would be that by resting better we achieve more. Some church leaders I know could do with such a perspective.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...