18 January 2004

US soldiers meet a pacifist

I loved this story -got it as you might guess from Sojorners- the thing that got me was in the first place that US military commanders should single out a US citizen because he spoke out against the Iraq intervention. What really impressed me though was the response -it may have been laughed at but it was brave and might just have pricked a conscience or two. God bless John Dear for bleesing those troops in the way he did.

It's great that John has the opportunity to pursue his objection to US military intervention in Iraq but the fact that he has that freedom shouldn't be used as an excuse for the harrassment he received. I guess he could argue that US government resources were used for a domestic political end ....

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...