27 March 2004

I'm back!

Back on line at last, with at least my links and passwords re-collected and my address book reconstructed. Shame about all the mail I've lost -though I've been reflecting that perhaps I didn't need to collect all of it really; it's that hoarding instinct my wife finds endearing [ahem! should that be perplexing or annoying?]. I reflect now that I have kept emails because I was interested in them but in fact they are often archived online in email groups and in fact I rerely referred to them. My enneagram type is supposed to enjoy finding knowledge and hoarding it.

Anyway I do regret the loss of those helpful little emails telling me what my password and user name for various sites are and a few more personal keepsake emails [notes of appreciation for looking at when the world feels against me, you know the kind of thing].

The other interesting reflection though is how much of my life has become bound up with email. I'm not so bad now but there have been times when it has felt loke an addiction: though mostly oin fact it was the desire to communicate and exchange ideas that was the buzz.

I'm glad I'd backed up most of my collection of images. I wonder whether it'd be better to leave them on CD and keep the hard disk space for interesting experiments in linux...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...