Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
04 April 2004
CLimate change more threatening than terrorism
I'm sure he's right -the powers that be, focussed [justifiably, and David King aknowledges, rightly] on the threat of terrorism but they should not take their eyes off the climate ball [should that be globe?] -the potential consequences will mean greater misery for many more in future [and not so far away as all that since we are beginning to feel the effects already]. A purely utilitarina analysis would suggest that a very practive response is required. The last budget [as blogged a couple of weeks ago] suggests we aren't do that. And the recent fossil carbon figures for the UK give no cause for complacency at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment