Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
20 April 2004
Greener city planning -on the way?
John Prescott "proposes national college to educate planners and politicians in sustainable growth, using 'core cities' to lead the way" -says it all really and sounds like a good thing too. But there's many a slip twixt cup and lip... One of the things I'[ve been picking up as I slowly read through "Natural Capitalism" is that we have the means to plan neighbourhoods, houses etc in ways that are environmentally friendlier and also cheaper to maintain and to run [because less resource hungry]. The problem identified in the book is that often planners and architects don't know what is possible. I would hope that this proposed centre could help in this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment