I know that we need to plan worship that can be accessible to all; but I'm not sure why that means the default position becomes jovial -except that the image that so many of us are escaping from is the kind of mind-numbing gloominess portrayed by the church on the Simpsons and we run from it by embracing up-beat-ness as sanctioned by our culture of fulfilment-through-pleasure.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
29 April 2004
Lament in worship
I know that we need to plan worship that can be accessible to all; but I'm not sure why that means the default position becomes jovial -except that the image that so many of us are escaping from is the kind of mind-numbing gloominess portrayed by the church on the Simpsons and we run from it by embracing up-beat-ness as sanctioned by our culture of fulfilment-through-pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment