24 April 2004

Vanunu gives thanks for release in Cathedral

Afterwards I realised that Jonny Baker had blogged this, but at the time I read this article I remember thinkingg, "I didn't realise Vanunu was a Christian". More, in fact, his decision to blow the whistle, was apparently based on Christian principles. So I take my hat off to a fellow Anglican and pray that he will be able to reconstruct his life well. God bless you, Mordechai.

I remember seeing an interesting article in the Indy, I think it was, saying that Israel's justice system had an interesting and flawed legal precedent in the Vanunu case: it would suggest that it is illegal to inform the relevant authorities if you discover something illegal is taking place ... apply that to the West Bank ... !

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...