27 April 2004

Will he? Won't he?

At this precise moment I am waiting for a phone call. I've been for an interview for a post earlier today and they hoped to let us know the outcome this afternoon of tomorrow. I've laid it out before the interview panel -I'm interested but the housing component of the package will not work for our family. Probably it'll now be tomorrow before they get back in touch. Either that means that they are offering the job to someone else and will get back to the rest of us when that person has said 'yes' or 'no', or they are taking seriously my bid for something on the housing front to shift. The former is most likely the latter least and the third option is that they are having trouble getting the white smoke up the chimney. [Clue people: look to the ventilation].

It's a kind of high risk thing for us. There are a couple of other posts I'm interested in but this is the first to advertise and interview. Being so bold as to question whether the package is okay' for us is a bit hard Would these turn out to be the only folk that might have employed me and I blew it by being choosy? [-But then again you can only fit into a house of a certain size a certain number of teenagers and all the stuff we've accumulated living in vicarages ...] willl it mean we are homeless in July?

Okay it's a bit dramatic; probably we'll be able to sort something out somehow -we have the means; what we don't have is a sense of what will turn out to be right. It's a case of having to trust that guidance will come as we grind through the processes. I 'know' that's right, but it's hard being strapped in for the ride without knowing the destination except in the most vague terms of 'God'll see us right -somehow."

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...