12 May 2004

Forget cultural relevance

after all the Mormons are about as culturally dissonant as you can get. What's more they propose a belief system and an authority structure that is pretty hard to live with too. Yet they grow even in the West [read the article]. How is this possible? I don't know but I was wondering yesterday beofre I saw this article ... maybe it has something to do with persistence in doing the hard footslogging. Maybe it's to do with a standard technique of provoking a sense of inner confirmation of their message [which I suspect has a lot to do with suggestion, little sister of hypnosis, but that's another matter]. ...

Heresy? or something to learn from?

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...