10 May 2004

Global warming skeptic on the Day after Tomorrow

The author of this article is an arch skeptic whose take on global warming has earned him the dismissal of many of his peers in science; basically they think that his research and reasoning is bad -and they're probably right. Normalyl I would have put this in TheGreening but I felt that this one needed to go on a blog that more people read. Bjorn Lomborg may be trying to salvage his reputation by hitchin his name and ideas to trashing this film. As one of my posts a few days back indicates, those of us who are not skeptical about global warming are also concerned about this film. Lomborg may gainmore of a hearing than he deserves for his other ideas on the basis of this piece. Though I do note that although he prioritises getting clean water to millions, he does seem to include the possibility that it would be good to do somehting about global warming, so maybe he's modified his views?

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...