10 May 2004

More on wind

This follows on from the blog on May 7th. Basicaaly pointing out that there a few pretty important reasons for changing to renewables that the article doesn't really mention [and which I keep banging on about in this blog] - such as the urgency of the climate threat, the way that current power generation is more vulnerable to terrorism...

I must admit that I warmed to this letter on the matter:

"What would the Nimbys prefer in their backyards - a wind farm or a nuclear power station? If we are not to have windfarms in the countryside, could we please do away with all tall, metallic objects that already "blight" it? Then the Nimbys will have no electricity and their mobile phones will have no reception"

Just the way I felt when I was in Calderdale listening to Hebden Bridgers objecting to a windfarm.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...