06 May 2004

Now that's what I call alternative ...

A few years back we were asking whether USAmericans 'got' alternative church. When I was in Lake Junaluska in January 2001 along with Paul Roberts, Sue Wallace, the Bees ... we were sharing the presentation with USAmericans who were looking at 'alternative' worship and felt that most of it seemed to be mostly retreads of band-led, platform-focused worship. Well that seems to have definitively changed ...

One of the intersting things is the comments about size -small really does seem to be regarded as beautiful. Also the connections through -inter alia- blogging. NOw this is church I could get excited about -in fact this is church as I have sometimes fostered it. When we move I hope we came help foster/nurture something like this, I really do. I don't think Durham has the like ... yet!?

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...