05 July 2004

The Dying Church

"In the past week, I've met with a ministry leader who no longer thinks going to church on Sunday is useful. I've seen a couple of former pastors who look better than ever since they've left the pastorate"
The Dying Church blog is back and a thought provoking few lines linking also to Dallas Willard's thoughts. The quote resonated with me in the sense that I feel I have been a whole lot healthier and more spiritually alive since ceasing to lead churches and just engage in mission and small group work. No real desire to get back into the rat race of parochial ministry just now ,ainly becaus the deformation of character and calling it required of me just to be able to do the few things in it that I believe are my real calling... Worst thing is, loking and listening to some of my fellow clergy, it is clear I'm not the only one who is/was being ground down by propping up a dying system.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...