15 July 2004

Edmonds joins fight against wind farms

At first I thought: "bunch of reactionaries doing a nimby", but that was, on closer inspection, an unfair reaction though I'm not entirely convinced that ther is not a huge amount of nimbyism in their likely popular support. But do note that they are recommending the devlopment of alternative and reneable power -just not wind. The idea that someone needs to defend against the industrialization of the countryside is a bit late in Britain. I seriously doubt that factory farms, combine harvesters, electricity pylons and the internal combustion engine are not already being used in Devon.



I'm also still concerned at the misinformation that is going on with reference to windfarms and I suspect that this group will continue to misinform. However, if they were to put a lot of energy into other renewables I'd be a lot more sympathetic.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...