29 July 2004

Scrap Europe's farm subsidies

Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Hewitt: scrap Europe's farm subsidies: "'What we have to do is reform the world trade system so that it is not just free but we get fair trade as well, which is what the developing countries need,'" -Patricia Hewitt UK trade minister. So again it's a case of hoping and praying that words become action and are heeded in the right quarters.

I've only ever voted Labour once [and I've never voted Tory] about 10 years ago because there were only two candidates and I couln't bring myself to spoil my vote. However, I have to say I'm pretty impressed, on reflection, with this government's record on soical inclusion, improving the health service, crime and international trade and aid ...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...