"In more recent years, however, the official festival has concentrated exclusively on the performing arts ... the lack is patently absurd."
But not as absurd as the usual situation where "art" tends to mean visual and music and performance arts are usually an afterthought. My wife is an actor and drama teacher by trade and is fed up with the norm being the reverse of what is being complained about in this article. Somehow, it seems to me, it may be good for the other arts to know how it feels to be the Cinderella.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment