20 August 2004

St Anthony's Priory

I think I've found my spiritual reference point in Durham; the Priory here is a centre for local spirituality training and spiritual direction and I had a chat this morning with one of the team [Paul Golightly] and I think that I can see me being a part of at least some of what they do as a participant and maybe I will be able to offer some things too. -Like perhaps design and put up a web page or two! This is the only reference I could find and it's way out of date.

The chapel is fantastic: newish and purpose built it's in the round and has a round communion table at the centre made out of a tree trunk and the seating is tiered [it could hold about 50 in reasonable comfort]. It's also in beautiful grounds. Apparently the house used to be the Vicarage for St Nick's in Durham and the lsat vicar in it as Vicar was George Carey! I might see what they think about using it as an occasional focus for alternative type services ....

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...