27 September 2004

Been away for the weekend


If you were wondering why I'd gone quiet -it's cos I was here: Sneaton Castle [home of the Order of the Holy Paraclete] on a parish weekend with our old church in Bradford. When I've got the photos developed I will post up some of the nicer ones. The chapel is a favourite church space of mine and it has some rather fine pieces of artwork as part of the decor.

During the Sunday Eucharist one the the people there shared a picture he had had impressed on him listening to Radio 4 [BBC as a channel for God's voice -whatever next?] which I found particularly helpful in our circumstances. It was from a film and a book about people who had been stranded after an aircraft crash [forget the title now], one of whom had found himslef down a cravasse and decided that since he couldn't go up he might as well try going down further into the confined space. Eventually this led to a wider, more open space. Since I have felt lately that I have been forced by life's circumstances into a position where there is little wiggle room for me the picture seemed very appropriate; the sense of being dropped into a confined space and of finding that as I tried to move on it became even tighter. So I am hoping that, and felt that perhaps God was saying to me through it, that there is more open space ahead, press on. Good news.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...