16 September 2004

Britons working shorter weeks

Guardian Unlimited Money | News_ |
I wonder what this is about? You see I seem to have been dealing with lots of people who are overworking. So my question is how these figures breakdown. Is it that academics, senior bank employees and clergy are fairly isolated examples of losing out in reducing their working hours? Or what?

It's certainly god news and only if you held a particularly vicious form of Calvinist theology and one which felt that since the curse of work was given to us fallen we should jolly well suffer it and not seek to alleviate it and that the redeemed should be joyfully showing their elect status by showing how we can work ...

Anyway, in a [first] world where leisure is more plentiful and perhaps volunteering may become a bigger thing, what does it say that clergy appear to be increasingly stretched and consequently emotionally fragile [and therefore more insecure and so less able to handle volunteer workers?]. ... I suspect that there's some very intereting theology and deployment issues in all of this. I'll say no more since I suspect the conversation could be interesting ...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...