Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
02 October 2004
Heresies - john gray
Heresies - john gray: Like th ereviewer in this article, I think that John Grey has flaws in what he presents [see my book review of 'Straw Dogs']but his taking to task of secualr humanism as being an ersatz religious faith is something that needs saying. It is a perspective i have pushed with modest successs in 'secular' university where the administration were working with the myth that a secular stance is neutral and then try to make policy on religious issues wiothout recognising the gaping hole in the argument [that there is no neutral position]. Anyway a quote from the review article:"Yet his willingness to take the fight to liberal humanism, which he describes as 'very obviously a religion, a shoddy replica of Christian faith markedly more irrational than the original article', is both bracing and refreshing."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment