14 October 2004

Signed up to A Year of Living Generously


"The Hunch
Many of us think that the gap between rich and poor should not be the way it is, that we only have one planet to share and that there is more to life than how much stuff we can pile up. Maybe we are not meant to be empty vehicles of consumerism but only ever find ourselves in each other, living for the common good. So what could a community of people achieve if they acted together to live more generously in the world?"

I signed up for this at Greenbelt and I've just signed up online. It will be challenging because, as I look down the list of suggested actions, I already do a number of them so I'm going to be pushed on some of this, I have to admit. But that is as it should be and what the project is designed to do.

I will try to blog about how I'm doing every so often and to provide links, where appropriate, to other things that are happening with this project. The idea is that it will grow beyond the inital 100 projecteers after about a year. So then maybe you could get involved having learnt from our experience?

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...