ICTHUS: The Purpose Driven Gnostic - PDL day 13 A very thought provoking piece of writing on the worship chapter of Rick Warren's PDL. By gnostic is meant an individualistic vision which doesn't really engage the worshipper with the world: it's a-cultural and a-historical. To get a flavour of the critique [which I think is spot-on] here's a quote about true worshippers:
"This people have a new freedom to love their enemies, not kill, or pledge the allegiance to the flag of the nation state (rather than God)."
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment