15 November 2004

Mordechai Vanunu interview

Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Exclusive interview: Duncan Campbell meets Mordechai Vanunu This guy is an Anglican Christian recently released from a long sentence in Israel because he blew the whistle on what Israel was up to in the nuke weapons game. Interview here. He's currently living in St.George's cathedral, Jerusalem.

In prison his main motivation was survival. "I decided from the beginning that they could have my body in prison but my spirit, mind, brain, I would keep free, under my control; that would be my way out. I used my Christianity as my defence, my barrier." He would sing hymns to himself, he said. He was visited by a priest but there was a glass between them and they were only allowed to communicate by exchanging notes. After five years, he decided that he wanted to meet the priest in person or not at all. The meetings ended.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...