Since the USA has a profound impact for good and ill on the rest of us it is worth checking out this article on the economic prospects and remedies for the current USA huge deficit [and this is a conservative administration? -Spends like socialists]. Anyway, the recommendations are:-
"First, abish the remainder of the $190bn (�100.4bn) in extra loans First, abolish the remainder of the $190bn (£100.4bn) in extra loans ludicrously awarded to farmers who are already subsidised up to the gills. Second, phase out the $3.9bn a year farmers get, equivalent to $230 an acre, to grow uneconomic cotton that could be grown more effectively in developing countries (thereby generating extra income for poor countries to buy international goods).
Third, rescind tax cuts for the rich. They are bad in themselves and don't do much to boost the economy since recipients are too well off to spend it. This could be accompanied by modest spending cuts and a start on taxing petrol to conserve a scarce resource."
Guardian Unlimited | Economic dispatch | Why the subsidies must go:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment