11 December 2004

Christian rock

Brian Littrell, formerly of the Backstreet Boys has signed to Christian rock label Reunion Records and the Guardian online carries a slightly witty article about it which try as it might cant' quite managed to take the rip all the time and even gets to be grudgingly respectful at one or two points. Do check out the appaling lyrics link; it's gruesome.

My favourite comment was the last: "The good news about Brian fills us with hope. Maybe one day he'll fulfill a long-held desire of ours, and do a rock version of The Song of Solomon. 'A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.' That Solomon, he really had Got It Going On."
Amen.

Guardian Unlimited | Today's issues | Christian rock:
"

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...