It's true apparently -but not news. In fact one of the difficult consequences is that the Church of England has a pensions crisis caused by the actuarial fact that retired clergy tend to live longer on average than most other sectors of the population ... see previous blog entry for a refference to the possible survival value of faith as a potentially genetic fact.
Make of this waht you will, and there are certainly more questions many will have about the basic data and just what causal factors there are. While no doubt some will want to talk in terms of supernatural providence most will be more comfortable with thinking in terms of faith enabling us to be secure and to work withing the grain of what we are made for and in terms of greater serenity and thus lower stress-related illness rates, etc etc.
Science & Theology News - Research Reports: Biological link between health and religious service attendance
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment