08 December 2004

Good games guide

I've always been a bit of a fan of board games [how deeply uncool is that?] The exception is Monopoly -it's so dispiriting once you start to lose because there really is no way to beat the snowball effect of increasing wealth -which was the educational point of the game, I understand. The only way I found to make it variable was a tweak of the rules allowing the banker to tax income or transactions which led me to a happy hour or so trying to redistribute income and come up with a progressive tax regime, much more interesting.
Anyway, this kind of a web page is really good; what games are out there? Well there are these and there is a link to further resources. Remember Civ started as a rather good board game ...
The Morning News - The 2004 Good Gift Games Guide

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...