12 January 2005

Blink and The Wisdom of Crowds

Avid followers of this blog [are there any?] may have noticed that "The Wisdom of Crowds appeared in my reading list for a week or so. No surprise, then, that this article caught my eye. It's a good introduction to the ideas of the books concerned [I've not read 'Blink' but I feel I know it already throught this!]. Both have interesting ramifications for how we make decisions and both critique the 'one person expert' as decision-maker supreme. I'm fairly convinced that we need to create appropriate conditions for unlocking the wisdom of the crowd and also for identifying when our snap judgements are liekly to be right ... I'm thinking at the moment of how this affects church decision-making and decision-making in voluntary groups [as a member of a couple or more national executive committees] ...
Blink and The Wisdom of Crowds - How to improve the decision-making environment. By Malcolm Gladwell and James Surowiecki

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...