12 January 2005

Greer walks out of 'bullying' Big Brother

I think that bullying is pretty bad and concerned that it is often either excused [usually by trivialising its impact] or even not identified as such because that's just the way that 'we exercise power round here'. As a former victim, an occasional bully myself [I hope all in the past and properly repented of -I'm ashamed of those times when I have bullied] and observer of the effects on my own children once in a while and in parishioners I have to say that this is very intersting and possibly important.
"She said that Big Brother had behaved like a 'child rather than a parent: It was demonstrating the role of taunting in the playground and there are so many children whose lives have been ruined by taunting in the playground. I was worried about the object lesson in bullying I have participated in.'"
I hope her stance may serve to bring the issues of bullying in non-child situations more to the fore.
MediaGuardian.co.uk | Media | Greer walks out of 'bullying' Big Brother:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...