26 January 2005

Grumbletext,

A week or two back I was checking over my mobile phone bill and noticed that I was paying some £5 for text messages. Having a price plan that included more texts than I ever use [the cheapest plan too], I was suspicious. A call to Vodaphone and a spot of investigation and another text got me closer to the issue. A phone call to an 087 number failed to stop the message and then I was given a number to text 'STOP' to -different from the originating number 87107 [in case you have similar difficulties you may need to get another number]. So, that friendly message that I assumed was a bit of promotional fun was costing a fair bit.
Anyway, the Grumbletext site seems a really excelent site and they are clearly putting the work in as a consumer advocacy group in these matters. Respect!
Grumbletext, UK consumer complaints - post online and via SMS text message!

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...