25 January 2005

Wrath, You Can't Ignore

Apparently there are neurological reasons why it is hard to ignore raised voices. If you think about it there's survival value in it. Anyway it got me thinking about what other behaviours we find hard to ignore for reasons of neurological 'hardwiring' [to use a metaphor that I'm suspicious of]. Moving images -well sudden movement anywhere in the field of vision; unidentified sounds. It certainly gives people who are prepared to mouth off an advantage in terms of attention getting. The issue then becomes how we deal with it and calm things down without rewarding it.
Wired News: You Can't Ignore My Wrath

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...