24 January 2005

Yesterday in Edinburgh


Yesterday I went to Edinburgh with a friend and my daughter. It was cold but -as the photo should show- there were sunny intervals. I was reflecting how strange it is that I should have reached this age and this was the first time I had ever visited Edinburgh: I've been to several cities in the USA and in Europe but not a majoe one that is in my own country. I loved it; it's a really interesting city; I like the architecture and I was surprised to see how monumental the buildings are considering the population size. There were also signs of a vibrant cafe culture [or something like] and I felt that I would be quite happy to return.I love the way too that it is built on several levels due to the hilliness and the way that quite spectacular rock and hill formations are in easy view and the mountains and glens seem so close. All in all a lovely day out and one in which most of my 10,000 steps a day were used up!

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...