22 February 2005

Brown & Blair: The waiting game

I think that if Gordon Brwon is really interested in being PM once Anthony Blair esq folds his hand then it makes it unlikely that this represents reality. "these high-profile visits have occurred in quick succession has provoked speculation that Mr Brown is interested in becoming foreign secretary after the next election." Unless of course he has reasons for thinking that it is unlikely he would get to be party leader /PM or he has other reasons for not going for it. I think that Brown is Labour's best asset, and the opinion polls seem to agree, but he is an asset as chancellor. I'm not sure, myself, that it would transfer if he were prospective PM. I don't think he has what it takes to be PM in terms of voter appeal. The man who does seem to me to have that certain je ne sais quoi in the Labour team is a fellow-scot: John Reid -him I can see as a PM. He has the right kind of voter appeal; look and sound and charisma. Gordon Brown is a bit scary.
Guardian Unlimited | Economic dispatch | The waiting game:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...