23 February 2005

I'm lovin' it!

Call me cynical but I just don't see it happening. I tend to think that the Asda effect is more likely: the enormous buying power becomes oppressive to producers. "advocacy groups said that they were hopeful that McDonald's would one day use its power not only to get better prices and greater supply, but also to change the way the produce industry operates - for the better"

This is on th eback of Maccy D's starting more healthy lines of meals. That's not to say it wouldn't be nice to have a big chain convert to ever more ecologically sound operations.

I'm lovin' it! | Gristmill: The environmental news blog | Grist Magazine:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...