27 February 2005

UK pioneers digital film network

I think it must've been about five years ago when I first read that this was possible: "The world's first digital cinema network will be established in the UK over the next 18 months". Of course it could be a big step forward for distribution -no more physical moving of reels. In theory that could mean openings here at the same time as in the USA which would be a boon. though I rather suspect some anti-competitive forces at work in the present arrangement.

The nice thing is that the cheapness of the technology could mean less mass films could be more available which I think culturally would be a good thing.
BBC NEWS | Technology | UK pioneers digital film network:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...