30 March 2005

HTB vicar factory on the way?

I wish Alpha all the best and I'm glad that it has been a means of helping many thousands to interact meaningfully and poitivley with the gospel. I have also to say though that I am aware that it has deficiencies and I would by no means want to rely on it as my chief or only strategy for evangelism. For a start, the research seems to chow that it mainly gets used by already-Christians who are seeking means to augment their spiritual growth. However, the success of the course has meant that HTB -the promoting church- are in a position to open up this training institute that could even end up training clergy. Not sure how I feel about that. TIme will tell perhaps, but it feels somehow divisive. It may indicate that I am feeling less comfortable with the form of Christianity that it stands for than I used to ...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...