23 March 2005

I'll be back!

Tomorrow I'm bidding 'Hasta luego' to my family and heading off north of the River Tyne to be on retreat with the Northumbria Community and to lead a workshop on one of the days. The owrkship may contribute to the Paschal Sunday covenant ceremony. I do not know whether I will have internet access or time to blog. So if I don't you now know why.
I'm currently mulling over all the ideas I've had for leading a workshop on creative liturgy. I think that the biggest challenge is to put my own agenda aside so as to encourage the creativity and skills of others and yet to have ideas that can prove to be the enabling structures for others to get fired up and to develop further. All that in two hours! I suspect that one of the first things to be said will have to be that we will have lots of ideas and only a small number of them can be used on this occasion. There is a spirituality of 'letting go' of 'my' ideas in order to receive some of them back as 'our ideas'. Very hard when so often artistic or creative expression is constructed in our society as an individual or self- expression.

It also needs to be a process that recognises and uses a creative dynamic so as to act as a positive reinforcement and in a virtuous cycle with the thrust of the whole workshop....

Challenging.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...