08 March 2005

Just how shocking is the Gospel?

This is brilliant! I think that the reporter is right that the gospel really is this shocking. It like the fact that the Samaritan woman is translated into a Gay Muslim man; seems a good thought-experiment to me. OF course the thing dodges the issues about discipleship afterwards which vex so many of the churches right now but it is important to think about those issues from the fundamental perspective that this article/sermon takes. Perhaps it presupposes some takes on a set of exegetical questions, but I think that we need to face up to the implicit challenges of this retelling.
Ragamuffin Ramblings: Just how shocking is the Gospel?

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...