17 March 2005

Universities' �300m lure for best students

As far as I can make out this looks like a voluntary redistribution scheme that universities intend to run. So they charge max fees and use some of the income to subsidise poorer students. I'm twice interested in this having just decided not to do a PhD because my children are within 18 months and 30 months respectively of going to university and I have no idea of what our likely income might be, whether I will be employed, running my own business or bumming around trying to be useful ... the other reason is that if I am to do right by our kids I am pretty certain I can't afford the fees for my PhD so I'm just going to write and try to publish. The Myers-Briggs 'P' in me likes that better anyway: way too much structure for way too much of my future otherwise!
EducationGuardian.co.uk | Special Reports | Universities' �300m lure for best students

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...