23 March 2005

Unorthodox media carry message of Holy Week


I like to salute any alt.worshippy kinds of things that get positive media coverage -so here's my salute to these folk from down-under.
On a different but related point I keep wondering what it must be like to grow up celebrating a 'spring' festival in Autumn and a midwinter festival in summer -esecially when, as far as I can tell, so many of the cultural iconography is northern hemisphere. How far have Ozzies and NZies got with re-acculturating in this respect. Answers in a comment box ....
Unorthodox media carry message of Holy Week - National - www.theage.com.au

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...