15 April 2005

Dead man's family pray for his killer

This is what the wife of the policeman who was killed by Kamal Bourgass said."'When we had the first press conference I said something ... that I would forgive the person who was alleged to have killed Steve.Seeing him in court I have been praying for him, and so have the family, every day since. We feel so sad that a young man like that has got into this position in life.'"
Let's make clear some background to his quote. Lesley Oake [the widow] is a Christian and is returning a blessing for a curse by praying for someone who has hurt her and her family. Her 'enemy', that is someone who made himself her enemy in effect, is a would-be Islamist 'suicide' bomber.
It's an interesting picture for inter-faith relations, isn't it? I will be praying for Mrs Oakes and her family and also for her intention to bless her husband's killer. and I will join her in praying for Mr Bourgass. Among other things, I pray that he may see in Mrs Oakes' action and atitude a sign of the true nature of the One he calls Allah and comes to repentance.
Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Dead man's family pray for his killer See also http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/14/nbour214.xml:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...