21 April 2005

More than 30 million cars – and nowhere to park them - Newspaper Edition - Times Online

If this is true, "The lack of spaces contributes to congestion because up to 80 per cent of traffic in city centres is made up of drivers searching for somewhere to park. Some 20 per cent of motorists are regularly unable to find a parking space outside their home and one in ten has had a row with a parking warden.", then I wonder how come it isn't more of a deterrant to car use? Personally after a couple of times not finding parking spaces and hearing 1 in 5 of compatriots complaining that they also had failed to find a space, I woud be using public transport. So how come that doesn't appear to be happening? Answer, seems to me, is that the figures are exagerrated, in whose favour? I wonder whether the fact that the RAC commissioned the report has anything to do with it? I may be wrong, but I'm also suspicious ...



More than 30 million cars – and nowhere to park them - Newspaper Edition - Times Online:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...