16 April 2005

Re-thinking urban car journeys

I don't own a car and hate the idea of owning one, however, maybe I don't have to contemplate it if this took off and it has all the signs of something that might work well. Rent a car for the times you need a car. "It is less hassle, as well as more environmentally friendly, and it costs him less, he says.The lease on my car was up and I compared the costs and I figured, with all the expenses, I spent $400 a month on a car. So I figured I could do that for a lot less if I just booked the car by the hour. It was just cost effective.'"

GOt a lot going for it. Wonder whether we could do similarly with other stuff we only need occasionally? -Lawnmowers, for example.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Click Online | Re-thinking urban car journeys:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...