27 May 2005

North America without a driver's license?

I'm a pedestrian: I don't drive and the thought of owning a car makes me anxious. I have wondered, when visiting the USA, how could a pedestrian survive in the USA [at least outside of bigger cities>



Well here's an answer. Though I must say that I was surprised about the bus situation in Vancouver: my experience was of buses running reasonably well, but then I was staying at UBC and the campus had its own mini bus station ... And there's always taxis -reassuringly driven by Hindi/Urdu speakers just like in West Yorkshire!

Can a Brit survive in North America without a driver's license? | By Brendan Sainsbury | Grist Magazine | Soapbox | 26 May 2005

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...