18 May 2005

today -the perfect day to change your life

No this isn't some wierd astrological thing it's a bit better based than that: "Mr Arnall is a lecturer in the department of lifelong learn ing at Cardiff University. Earlier this year he calculated that New Year resolutions were a bad idea because New Year's Day marked a decline for most people, who reached a nadir on January 24: his mathematical model candidate for the most depressing day of the year. May 18, however, marked a moment of maximum opportunity".
Just wish someone had said a few days ago: I could have thought of a couple of things in a considered way ...! Still it looks to me like the reasons for May 18 may apply a little while yet, especially if we get some sun!
Guardian Unlimited | Life | Why today is the perfect day to change the rest of your life:
"

2 comments:

Stephen G said...

One again another Northern-centricism. I wonder what the best day is "down under"?

Andii said...

It's a fair cop! presumably the equivalent day after the spring equinox?
However, I would like to offer a challenge: I'll remember southern hemisphric modifications when the southern hemisphere takes indiginising festivals seriously ... like get rid of the conifers and snow at Christmas and the spring imagery at Easter OR change the dates ...
This is meant in a friendly and semi-serious way. I guess I want to raise the issue of how does a southern hemispheric civilistaion properly recognise it's own rhythms and get out of the habits imported from the north?

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...