18 May 2005

Torture: inhuman, illegal and futile

There's beena rumpus over a coule of lawyers arguing that in some circumstances torture may be acceptable. THis article takes the arguments to task concluding: "The arguments of Bagaric and Clarke are legally and morally wrong, and they fail their own test of 'greatest good for the greatest number'. Torture is not reliable and the effects it would have on its victims and on segments of society would be catastrophic."
I think it may be important to acquaint ourselves with the issues because I don't think this will be the last of it and I can see us having to continue to press the case against legalising it.
Torture is inhuman, illegal and futile - Opinion - theage.com.au:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...