16 June 2005

Bono and US vs world poverty

A very intriguing interview with Bono of U2 about his efforts to get Africa on the agenda. Lots of good things including; "He [Bono] was personally credited with the dramatic public U-turn on Aids of Jesse Helms. 'Christ only speaks about judgment once and it's not about sex but about how we deal with the poor, and I quoted Matthew, 'I was naked and you clothed me, I was hungry and you fed me.' Jesse got very emotional, and the next day he brought in the reporters and publicly repented about Aids. I explained to him that Aids was like the leprosy of the New Testament.'"
Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Bono talks of US crusade:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...