22 June 2005

the future is already here - it's just unevenly distributed

I just came across this quote and wished I'd found it a couple of months ago. I had been trying, for the Lord's prayer book, to express the idea of the Kingdom of God as a present reality anticipating God's Future in terms continuous with, and yet somewhat discontinuous from, the workings of this present age. I settled for writing in terms of the Kingdom coming into the present 'in patches'. The Gibson quote would have been a real boon.
Quotations on the future: "'The future is already here - it's just unevenly distributed.' - William Gibson."

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...